Decorating “rules” are not set in stone. Being imaginative and designing spaces that feel wonderful to you is the whole objective. Certain tried-and-true techniques can help if you’re having trouble putting a space together but aren’t sure what is lacking.
However, you’ve chosen one of the best Bay Area home remodeling contractors. At Done Right Home Remodeling, we are confident that we can handle any job your budget will allow, and you will get excited to see the progress of your project. Contact us today and get a competitive quote!
Try these easy decorating ideas to instantly transform any room in your house.
Create a Fresh Look with Simple Upgrades
Making small upgrades to a home can make a big difference in its look and feel. Homeowners can refresh an outdated space with just one clever, cost-effective trick and provide a new look without reinventing the entire house. Bay Area homeowners should keep a few easy pro tips in mind when upgrading their homes, ensuring the most transformative result for the least amount of effort.
- Declutter to Make a Space Appear Larger
Unnecessary objects can clutter and crowd the home, making small rooms appear even smaller. To make a space immediately feel larger, Bay Area homeowners can start by decluttering. Paring down to only the must-haves ensures a minimalistic feel to the home while allowing for a few thoughtfully chosen knick-knacks can add warmth to the décor. When it comes to organizing, consider a few tips from the pros:
- Determine what should stay and what should go. Have a plan for both categories and don’t keep items just because of an emotional reason.
- Buy a few stylish storage containers and stack them in a corner or by the entryway. It provides an easy place to store items without creating clutter.
- Use bookshelves and overhead cabinets to maximize the use of storage space as opposed to bulky furniture.
- Hang organizational shelves or baskets in the kitchen and bathrooms to add extra storage and keep items from cluttering surfaces.
- Embrace a clean and minimalistic feel in general. Removing the clutter ultimately makes the home look larger and more spacious.
Optimize the Lighting
Lighting plays a huge role in the look of the home, both in terms of energy efficiency and overall ambiance. Bay Area homeowners should focus on optimizing the lighting situation in the home to create the desired effect. Here are a few pro tips:
- Replace old light fixtures throughout the house. Consider swapping out a few floor lamps or hanging pendant lights for a stylish look that can also boost overall coziness.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment and mix and match lighting fixtures. Pay attention to the wattage of the lights and how it will affect the output.
- Install dimmers throughout to change the mood and control the intensity of the illumination.
- Opt for energy-efficient bulbs like LED or CFL options, as it can dramatically reduce the cost of lighting the home.
- Add lamps or overhead lights in dark corners to boost the brightness of dark rooms.
- Strategically arranging mirrors or placing reflective objects in dark corners can help add brightness to the room.
Upgrade the Walls and Floors
Having clean and organized walls and floors gives a home an immaculate look. To upgrade the wall and flooring affordably, the architects belonging to Done Right Home Remodeling have a few different options:
- We take a while to paint the walls of the home in one or two shades. It provides an instant, transformative look to the entire house without much effort.
- Our experts install peel-and-stick wallpaper in hallways, nooks, and other short walls. Peel-and-stick wallpaper is an affordable alternative to traditional wallpaper and makes it easy to switch up a wall if needed.
- We swap out outdated light fixtures and replace them with modern and stylish ones that suit the overall aesthetic of the house.
- We suggest adding new area rugs for extra warmth, texture, and color. Larger rugs can also make a room feel cozier and bigger.
- We switch out the hardware on doors and cabinets. It adds a subtle, stylish element, making it feel like a part of the house has been completely renovated.
- You can also consider different flooring options. Vinyl plank flooring, especially luxury vinyl tile, is an affordable and trending choice that comes in various colors and textures.
Transforming the look and feel of a home does not have to require expensive upgrades and renovations. Bay Area homeowners can imaginatively improve the look of their homes in no time simply by decluttering, optimizing the lighting, and upgrading the walls and floors. Keeping a few simple pro tips in mind and partnering with the best contractor, like Done Right Home Remodeling, can help make the process easier and more affordable.